Master AWS troubleshooting with our comprehensive guide. Follow our step-by-step framework to resolve common AWS issues quickly and efficiently.
AWS Cost Management: How to Set Up AWS Cost Anomaly Detection Alerts
Learn to set up AWS Cost Anomaly Detection Alerts effectively. This guide provides step-by-step instructions to monitor and manage your AWS spending.
AWS Cost Anomaly Detection is a tool designed to reduce cost surprises and enhance control without slowing innovation. This article will provide a step-by-step tutorial on how to use this tool to set up billing alerts for your system, as well as recommended preferences for settings.
1. Log in to the AWS Management Console using the account that you want to create these alerts for. Once logged in, navigate to AWS Cost Explorer .
2. From there, you should see an option for Cost Anomaly Detection on the left-hand side. Click that.
3. Click on Get Started on the top right-hand side.
4. Click on Cost monitors followed by Create monitor .
5. From here we can get really granular with our options. Select AWS Services - Recommended if this is for one account and Linked Account if this is something you want to apply to a management account of an organization and all of its child accounts. If choosing Linked Account , choose each account to which you want to apply this monitor. Give your monitor a meaningful name and click Next.
6. From here, select Create a new subscription if it isn’t selected already and give your subscription a meaningful name.
7. Define a Threshold . Use your best judgment. We recommend starting on the smaller side and adjusting as needed. Ours was set to $200.00.
8. For Alerting frequency , you can do either weekly or daily summaries. We recommend setting it to daily .
9. Finally, you’ll need to set the email address for the Alert recipients . Use the group email address for your team. Click Create monitor.
10. That’s it! You’re done.